Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modular Messaging 5.2 Exchange MWI Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsprite

Technical User
Apr 30, 2009
US
We have Modular Messaging 5.2 that's connected to an Exchange back end. We utilize the "Notify Me - Automatic notification rule" to send emails out to the user to notify them they have a voicemail.

This is especially useful for hotline extensions where multiple people need to be notified (and MWI isn't sufficient).

We are running into a problem where the notification is not being sent. A reboot of the server fixes it, however we don't reboot very often, so we end up in a broken notification condition without knowing.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to see if anyone knows where these notifications are stored. (A temp folder somewhere?) That way I can use our Nagios setup to see if there are pending notifications, so that we are alerted to the broken condition in advance of users creating tickets.

Thoughts?

Thanks

The folder where MM queues up messages it generates to be sent to Exchange - Installation Drive:\Installation Folder\Avaya Modular Messaging\VServer\Spool - but just looking at that is not the catch all for finding out if Notify Me/Call Me is functioning properly. If MWI/Call Me/Notify Me is working normally after a MAS server reboot, then it stops functioning, then typically it is due to some change on the Exchange side. Either due to an Exchange MBX server reboot, or mailbox being moved to a different Exchange DB, or new active DB in an Exchange DAG - where Exchange loses the event sync registration MM does when it first starts up the Call Me/MWI/Mailbox Monitor services.

There are a few different ways Notify Me/Call Me gets triggered to act on. Call answer calls, other MM users sending messages through the TUI, and non-TUI messages sent. Some of those, MM relies on Exchange to alert it of new activities based on MM's registered event syncs it did when it started up its 3 services I mentioned above. If the event sync registration is no longer there then Exchange has nothing to alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back