Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modular Messages to More Than One Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD222

Programmer
May 7, 2012
US
I walked into a set-up that has no documentation. There was something set up for our company's Call-Out-Sick line where employees would call into x1111 and that message would stay on the x1111 voice mail but also send copies to the voice mail of x2222 and x3333. So the same message left on x1111 goes to three voice mailboxes and all three corresponding Outlook Inboxes. We can't figure out how the Avaya system is forwarding the modular messages. We thought the other two were receiving copies only through an Outlook rule, but all parties can get the message in Outlook or dial into their own voice mailboxes to get the same message.

I'm sure it's some simple set-up, but I'm not familiar enough with the system to know how it's all connected. Help?

Is this a MSS back-end or an Exchange message store ? I assume it is Exchange and if that is the case then the mailbox is pointed to a list in exchange that sends the message to multiple destinations.

Or you may have a 3rd party software setup if you are using MSS.

What software level are you at ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Do they have a caller app built? If so, they could have an Action Type 'Send Message' that could forward the message to an ELA list that would do this scenario that is mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back