Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modular ICS power fail loses programming 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

djprice

Technical User
Mar 28, 2007
US
Our MICS lost power over the weekend and lost all of it's programming. I understand there is one, or two batteries on this unit. Can they be replaced? Is it difficult? I suppose I will lose all of my programming again if I replace the battery.

I understand there is a FASTRAD unit that you can backup the programming onto a PC. Is that all that is required, or do I need the NRU software as well?
Can I program the MICS from this unit instead of using a phone set?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, you need the NRU, and yes you can program from it. In fact you can build a spreadsheet and have the RAD browser tool apply it to the MICS.

I have never replaced the batteries, so someone else will have to comment.

The batteries are in the NVRAM (software card).There are 2.These are actually capacitors not batteries as you know them.They do have to be soldered in place and of course your system will be down while the software is removed.Best bet is to acquire new software,have the capacitors replaced in the old NVRAM,then keep it as a spare.

When changing the capacitors make sure you have a good, hot soldering iron.
If you leave the heat on too long you can cook the traces off the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back