Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modular ICS - M0X8AM expansion modules no dial tone, flashing green light

Status
Not open for further replies.

daronwilson

Vendor
Mar 24, 2002
US
Trying to get a customer going and I've been out of the Nortel side of things for many years. Modular ICS system, maybe 10 years old, 6 of the M0X8AM expansion modules, two of them have no dial tone. Battery on the pairs, you can hear a relay clicking inside the module and the green light on the module is flashing about two times per second. I power cycled the modules, no change, not sure if this indicates they are just hosed or if I need to try anything else.

IF i have to replace the modules, is the programming all held in the switch so that i can just swap these things out and they'll come up?

Thanks in advance!

Daron

Daron J. Wilson, RCDD
Solving 'Real World' problems

Power supply on the module is toast.

Turn on set relocation and module should be plug and play with a new one.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Agree about the PS...set relocation huh...never thought of that, always rebuilt manually because so burnt out by techs using set relocation for EVERYTHING, thus totally hosing up the port scheme...

thanks Marv

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS NCTS NCTE CS1000E Avaya IP Office
Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced 5000 NuPoint I&M MiCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back