Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modifying OE Order Entry Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laatyn

Programmer
Aug 4, 2017
US
EM10

In OE Order Entry screen, I’m wondering if it is possible to make a text field user required, using VBA.
Say if a customer had YesNofield1 checked; Using SQL within VBA, is there a way to set the PO text field to required if the query comes back true?

If you are talking about the fields on the Extra tab, the answer is no. If you are talking about user_def_fld_1 through 5, which you can unhide in screen designer, you can do this without any code whatsoever. Unhide the field, place it and call it what you want, then make it a required field.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Macola 10, Synergy, and Crystal Reports.
Check out our Macola tools:

macola_oslo4v.jpg

That's the field I'm talking about. I guess what I'm asking is there a way to make that field conditionally required?

You mean the PO field? Yes, go to screen designer and make it a required field.

Conditionally required? Yes this is doable with VBA, you'll need to define the conditions.

in general terms, on the macform_close() event (or perhaps a different event, I'd have to research it) you test test your conditions and if the oe_po_no is blank. If so disallow the save of the order, send up a message box that the PO is required, ad set the focus to the PO field.

The details kind of go beyond the scope of this forum. If this is something you are not comfortable with, you should contact your Macola reseller or Exact regional office.

It might be easier just to make the PO field a required field 100% of the time, which only takes 10 minutes.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Macola 10, Synergy, and Crystal Reports.
Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back