Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

modify the speed of the network card

Status
Not open for further replies.

sitiweb

Programmer
Aug 30, 2000
FR
I installed my 3c900 network card with sco,
I can make ping on itself but I can't ping on the the network
Perhaps it is the bad speed of the card!!
What can I do?

Don't know if this will help you or not but....I had a problem where I could ping any windows box..but no routers or other UNIX boxes.

I added the necessary patches for SCO 5.0.5 and all was well...

here is the list of patches i have installed

rs505a release suplement for SCO Openserver 5.0.5
oss610a E820 memory sizing boot patch
oss600a Year 2000 supplement
oss497c core OS supllement
oss471e Intel Pentium Microcode Driver

(just go to ftp.sco.com)

Good Luck to ya

Zoonkai

I recently had problems with a 3Com 905 Series NIC in UnixWare 7.1.1. The whole problem was with the "auto-detect" settings the 3Com card was using.

To fix it, you need the DOS-based config utility, available from 3Com as a D/L from their website. I beleive the name of the utility was 3c90xn2.exe, but I may hot have that exactly right (It's been a while).

D/L the file to a diskette, and get you a DOS boot disk.
Boot the system with the DOS disk, to get you to an A:> prompt, then swap diskettes and run the 3Com utility.

For each setting, turn off the automatic and specify your choices, 10 or 100 media, full or half duplex, etc, and then you should be OK. The utility has its own diagnostics and if the NIC passes those, odds are that SCO will be OK with it too (providing you have the card defined properly in SCO, and the right driver package installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back