Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modify selected record at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradis222

Programmer
Oct 20, 2002
HK
I have Class, Name and ID in database. I want to search all record under same class, so I use cfoutput query to display all the record in the same class, then, what i wanna do for the next step is to modify "Class" of several record in the listed result by selected checkbox . How can i do that? thanks..!

think it through.

start with a base template.

type in what you want it to do: (make a search form maybe?)

that search form will have an action page. what do you want that action page to do? Its going to make a query based on the search form.

SELECT * FROM yourtable WHERE Class = searchformword

Now what? You said it: Use cfoutput query to show the results of that search. When you show the results of the data, you can make links with it that will take you to another script that will edit the record.

What do you want to do with the results? You mentioned editing them. One at a time? all of the same class?

Make a new page. Type in what you want it to do.

Without more details from you, thats about all i can say. but i find it easiest to start at the beginning, and ask what you want to do with it.

If your having a specific problem with a specific part of the code, come here and ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back