Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

modify monitor resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMentor

Technical User
May 15, 2009
GB
I have a "two monitor" set-up - I would like to use a VBS to change the resolution of monitor 2.

Advice on how to do it would be appreciated.

Pete (Northolt UK)

Find some (free) utility download to do it. Using vbs on this kind of task is neither very robust nor broadly useful for any user and it also requires a reboot making it near to useless in my opinion.

You can't do it directly from VbScript (as far as I am aware - tsuji seems to hint differently).

You need an external tool, such as multires or Display Changer, both which you can happily call from a script. Neither of these require a reboot. The Multires GUI doesn't work under Vista/W7, but the commandline component appears to. Display Changer works under all versions of Windows

A simple google finds the same utilities. Not much originality. Is there any left any more these days?

Thanks for all of the comments.

I did Google and tried the suggestions.

One got stopped by my AntiVirus

Others wouldnt work with multiMonitors !!

Then I remembered and RightClicked on the DeskTop -> Properties

Its simple and does what I wanted.

Bah !!! - sometimes I am so stupid !!

Thanks
Pete (Northolt UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back