Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modify Daily Maintenance Routine

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBX

Programmer
Aug 15, 2002
GB
Hello,
I have built several phantom stations on active loops and need a way to allow the daily maintenance to run (Midnight Routine OVLY 30) and either not remove these phantoms, (all on the same loop) or; run OVLY 32 automatically and reinstall them. If I could simply disable OVLY 30 in the midnight routine, I wouldn't have a broplem, however, my customers wants it to run. Any way to do this?
I have noticed when OVLY 30 does it's midnight routine, it lists the loops it is testing. Can I limit or remove one?
Thanks in advance!

Try using phantom tn's - that's what they for - so don't have all this drama & you save on physical tn's.

What you want can't be done on digital phones, you can only make phantom ports on 500 set types on Phantom loops.

if your switch is an opt11, 21, or 51 you could remove 30 from the midnight routine - ld 17, chg, ovly, drol x30

Ld 30 also swaps your system clock in 61, 71 amd 81 switches and is not neccesary but recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back