Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

modify autolinked table-add global field to form? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarkon4

MIS
Dec 16, 2003
US

We recently purchased the vba modifier for GP 10, I am a complete novice to this so bear with me. We have a form that was created using the modifier and a custom table. This form updates the custom table. I have to add a column to the table and put the field on the form. I have added the field to the table and am very confused as to how I get the field to show up when modifying the form. I thought it was autolinked, does autolink (which I have no idea how to do) would auto update the global fields available to add to the form. If not...how do I make it available?

Hi Zarkon4

Modifier cannot add new Dexterity windows.

Is this a VBA UserForm?

Or is this a new custom form created by a Dexterity developer that you are trying to modify?

In the modifier you can only add fields to a window from the autolinked table. However, depending on how the code is written this may or may not work.

Autolink only works if the copy to table and copy from table Dexterity commands are used in the code.

If the field is not being displayed and saved, you will need to add VBA code to handle that for you.

There are samples on my blog to look at

David

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

mailto:David dot Musgrave at microsoft dot com

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thanks! I did figure out we have to use dexterity and am finding that it is very difficult to find training materials on it. I did find something for version 9 that should get me going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back