Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modified Scheduled Report - Incorrect version emailed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkc

MIS
May 2, 2001
US
I have a scheduled report that I modified. After modifying the report I deleted the old version and republished the new version. The old version as well as the new version was scheduled to be emailed out daily.

Problem is the report that is being emailed out is the old version of the report, not the new one. When I go into to the management console, I only see the one, correct version of the report listed. When I look at the history or when I run the report I see the correct version. However, as I said the version that is being emailed out is the wrong version. I can't even figure out where to go to delete the wrong version or make it go away because it is not listed anywhere in the management console. Anyone out there have any ideas as to where to look or what to do to get the current and correct version to be emailed out. I have tried deleting and recreating multiple times with no success. I have restarted the server as well as teh services. Enterprise version 9 and report is version 9

Is this a caching issue in Internet Explorer? Next time you get a copy of the report and open it, try refreshing Internet Explorer. (You're opening it in InfoView?) See if it updates the report. Or give the report a different name. I might be way off base on this but we had a similar situation e-mailing .html files back and forth for review and Internet Explorer was caching the old file and bringing it up until we refreshed the page.

Also, confirm that the old RPT version e-mail isn't actually coming from a different folder in CE...or in some cases a different CE environment (DEV or TEST).

Sometimes where you think a report is - isn't the only place it "lurks".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back