Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modified date changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jutrased

Programmer
Oct 29, 2001
US
I have an application in Access 97 that is used by both Win95/Office 97 and Win2K/Office2K users. Because of this, it has been enabled for the 2K users by choosing "Open" rather than "Convert". I know that if any change is made to an object, the database must again be enabled. However, it seems that whenever any 97 user closes certain forms, the database must be enabled again.

I also have noticed that the Last Modified date (and time) is updated every time those certain forms are closed. The forms are opened in Form View, not Design View. I believe this is what causes the database to be "un-enabled".

Would anyone know how or why a Last Modifed date would be changed when there has been no change made in Design View? Or is there some other explanation for the need to repeatedly enable the database?

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back