Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem will dial once and connect then wont next time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisOz

Technical User
Mar 23, 2003
AU
Hi
An external 3300 modem on win98 box. The modem will only dial once and connects the next time it just reports dialing however no dial tone and fails to connect.
Any ideas??????????
Thanks
Chris

port doesn't close.... does it dial again once you restart the computer? i would advise updating modem drivers.

good luck!

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, while others wonder what happened.

Hmmm could be that ill check .I have tried reinstalling the driver with a generic one that didnt work.
Chris

what king of modem do you have (so i can see who makes chipset)?

i will look for the site where you can get modem drivers.

sometimes generic drivers can ruin your modem i would not suggest to do so even if you find a good generic driver.

good luck!

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, while others wonder what happened.

Problem resolved very strange solution the area code was not filled and the "use ara code " check box was greyed out so i just entered the first 2 digits of the phone number and bobs your uncle. weird but works.
Thanks for your help
Chris

That is very weird indeed. Glad to see that it worked though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back