Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem Refusing to Disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

robherc

Programmer
Apr 20, 1999
US
I have a client with a: Boca Sound Expression 14.4Sp 14.4 Data-Fax Modem; their modem is keeping the phone line open AT ALL TIMES, if there is a phone line going into it, the modem will keep the phone "off the hook," it WILL NOT hang-up.<br>
<br>
when I retrieved the general diagnostics through Control Panel (win 95) i recieved the following data:<br>
ATI1 HD94-HM71-HEC17<br>
ATI2 OK<br>
ATI3 CL-MD1414AT/EC<br>
ATI5 ERROR<br>
ATI6 ERROR<br>
ATI7 ERROR<br>
AT+FCLA 0,1<br>
<br>
I really don't know much when it comes to modem troubleshooting & I would really appreciate ANY help with tis problem. (the modem was working fine until about 4 days ao when it started doing this).<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
-Robherc

If this happens even when the computer is off or when booting direcly to a command prompt then the modem has a hardware failure. Since it's only 14.4kbps it's about time to replace it anyway.<br>
<br>
Have Fun :)<br>
Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back