Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem Programming - Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzigal

Technical User
Jul 8, 2003
IL
Hi guys:

I need help with Installing 2 modems on a single pc and then controlling and switching between them remotely. each modem will have its own phone line.

Example: After installing 2 modems on my PC (at work), hooking a phone line for each modem, I want to dial in into one of the modems (from a remote location) and then I want to get the dial tone of the other Phone line (that is installed on the same PC).

can you refer me to the right software tool to implement it?

Thanks.

Hi tzigal,

theres a software called "pcanywhere", i think, this will do the job.

What is your goal? pcAnywhere will allow you to remote control your office PC, so you could do this. Of course you could connect to that PC over the Internet and just use a single line out. You would probably get better performance because you may be able to connect at 56K on your outbound modem call.

If you are trying to dial out to another site, but use your home PC (as if it were sitting in your office) I have written software like this, but it is not generally available. Plus, you can't obtain connect rates higher than 33.6K because you have two analog legs in your circuit.

There are some 3rd party black boxes that are designed to control access to serial ports. You can dial into one port, and dial out on another, but you will still have the V.34 limitation.

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back