Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

modem problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

den21

Technical User
Dec 19, 2002
MY
hi i recently bring back to live this old Pentium 100 Mhz Pc and its running on windows 95 b.I was trying to get the modem to work but with no success at all.The modem is fine cause i've tested it on another system running windows 98.Its a thundercom 33kbps modem and whenever i try to connect to the modem there is this error that says that my network configuration is out of line and i need to set it in the control panel..I even download the driver for this modem even windows has it and there are no conflicts or anything unusual.So now i suspect there is a configuration error that i've miss.I've seen this happend to a friend once and i know that sometimes installing a modem on these old operating systems can be a drag.Is there a proper way of installing this modem with windows 95 ..

If device manager is showing it with no problems, then get DUN 1.3 update for Win95 from MS, and install it.
If the modem is NOT showing in device mangler, or has problems, then disable com 2 in BIOS, and set the jumpers on the modem to com 2, IRQ 3, and it should install correctly, providing you have the right driver. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

have you checked control panel/network to make sure you have a client, dialup adapter,and TCP loaded?

Comtech has hit the target.After i've downloaded the MSDUN upgrade and ran it,everything worked great.Thanks for the help guys..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back