Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem port Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffers

MIS
Jan 8, 2003
GB
I have a friend who is having problems with his modem. Basically it seems to be some kind of port conflict on the Pc. The error message "Failed to call EnumPropPages in modemui.dll" appears together with "Cannot read port name from registry". I removed the modem at the control panel and on restart plug and play worked fine and it installed without any problems. But if I try to click on the properties of the modem it doesn't respond and even though the modem appears correctly installed in the device manager the com ports are unused. I went to manually configure the IRQ but it gave me a warning about future plug and play installation conflicts. If I delete the modem registry keys will that solve it?

from what i've been able to find about this issue is that the IRQ needs to be changed because of conflict (just like you were trying to fix). can you see and conflictions in the device manager? if so i would uninstall that device and reinstall your modem and then reinstall the other devise. this may be the answer but if not, i'm sorry. i hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back