Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem Issues with Maintenance Terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahki

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
US
Hi,

Hope someone can assist with this: I currently have an Octel 250 that I normally use a Telnet session using my pc modem to remotely connect to the voicemail server - through the maintenance terminal that serves for both Octel and for our pbx switch. I recently had to change workstations and am having to use a different type of external modem on my pc to connect to the voicemail server. Due to the change in location, I am also having to use this same connection to remotely connect to our phone switch. Since I have started using the telnet session for connecting to the pbx switch, I have rarely been able to successfully connect to the voicemail server. Each connection uses a separate modem number to connect to the modem on the maintenance terminal (I did not configure this system - inherited it with minimal training).

Does anyone have any ideas of how I might be able to get the modems (my pc modem and terminal modem) to work properly so I can connect to either system whenever necessary? I do not have the details of the modem on the terminal server (it's the same modem that has been in place for many years) but my pc modem is a US Robotics Sportster 33.6 faxmodem. It is configured for 9600 baud, 8/1, no parity. I even try to remotely access my other pc with it's slower modem (28.8 external modem) and am having problems with it as well.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Laura

a.k.a. babysitter of a Sl1/61C r.24 v.25

You had stated that you were using a modem for a telnet session? How were you doing that?

You also said that you are using a terminal and a PC to call your PBX and Octel. Are you using a Wyse terminal with a modem to call the Octel?

Let me know as you can use the PC for both.

I can post the setting you will need for the octel modems if you need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back