Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem Initiation freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baseball692003

Technical User
Jul 4, 2001
US
Does anyone know how to fix a little problem I'm having getting Linux-Mandrake 7.2 to initialize and connect to the internet with my 3 com 56k USR Voice FaxModem? I have finially got it to quere my modem w/ kppp after 2 hours of configuring the setserial command over and over again. Now when I quere the modem, kppp bring back all the ATI (1-7) blank. Then when I try and dial my internet, it will say modem ready then it will go to initializing modem, and freeze there. The computer doesn't freeze, just it's progress connect. If you have anything helpful for me, please feel free to share. =)

Thanks,
Baseball

Are you using a win modem? If so then you'll need a new modem that doesn't rely on the main CPU to do its processing. Ask your computer supplier for information on modems with their on DSPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back