Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantis

Technical User
Mar 14, 2001
US
HI
I have a 56k internal modem (SupraExpress 56i V PRO)

but cant get it to work , when I try to dial up it starts to dial then immediately disconnects, the screen goes blue and I get the following:-
DPAL ERROR
DP_soft reset_get_spx_ID error.... in file .\dplib.c at line 1732
press any key to continue

after pressing any key I get the message that the modem is not responding make sure it is switched on etc
any help please

uninstall the modem software (if there is any), and shutdown the computer... remove the modem... if you are using windows 95, press F8 (repeatedly) right after the memory count, until you get the menu, and choose safe mode... if you are using windows 98, after the memory count, press (and hold) the shift key down so that win98 can boot into safe mode... once you are at the desktop, rightclick on the My Computer icon, and choose properties... go to the Device Manager tab and click on the plus (+) next to the modem icon... highlight and remove all modems in this area... click start>shutdown and restart the computer... make sure it boots into normal mode correctly, without any errors... shutdown the computer again, and re-install the modem... boot the computer back up, and when it detects the modem, be sure to point it to the device drivers you have for the modem... you may have to reboot again, but this "should" do the trick...

NEXT: when you go to the dialup networking folder under My Computer, you will need to rightclick on the dialup networking icons inside and choose properties and make sure to select the modem again...

hope this helps... Shane
and now for the impressive abbreviations:
DOA, SOL, AWOL, PEBKAC, id10t, FUBAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back