Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem hangs and wont pickup but dials out

Status
Not open for further replies.

faheem74

Technical User
May 7, 2001
CA
Windows 2000 Server SP1, Metaframe 1.8 for 2000 SP2, US Robotics 56K modem on COM1 and Omni 56k (zyxel), no digiboard.

If i call from Telephone device, In case of RAS it picks up the line but when i remove RAS and connect with citrix it never response.

If I add the modem as an ICA Dial-in connection, it adds Ok. but when I dial in from client using ICA Dial-in, the connection never connects. The modem can be seen to receiving the call but metaframe seems not to see it. In Citrix Server Administrator the ICA-Dialin connection is always in Lisener mode.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanx

Are you running RAS on a seperate server or attempting to run the RAS service on the Metaframe server...?

It is not reccomended to run RAS or any other intensive services on the Metaframe server as poor old TS is doing a big enough job already and cant really cope with much more... actually... thats not strictly true, but minimising the processes being handled by the Metaframe server is always going to help with the load.

If you use RAS on a seperate server and establish a connection, opening a citrix connection should be simply a case of opening program neighborhood on the client (possibly performing a refresh to make the connection) and running the desired app.

This is assuming that a) you have the resources to apply RAS to a seperate server, and b) the Metframe server is on the same subnet as the RAS server.

If your trying to set-up dialin on the Metaframe server itself, im afraid the advice I can give is limited as I have always avoided this.

Hope this helps Steve Marshall
Group IT
Technical Support Supervisor
(aka General Meddler)
The Expro Group
Reading
UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back