Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem error: "You have connected a digital phone line to your modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curleyg

Technical User
Feb 4, 2006
US
I'm getting a modem error. "You have connected your modem to a digital phone line" I brought this machine home to look at it for a fellow employee. So it has been on two phone lines at least and I know mine is analog. I also get this msg with NO phone line connected. I don't know the Mfg. but it is an Intel 537EP chipset. Windows XP Home. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks for any advise.
G.

Probably the modem has detected that its low-voltage circuit protection is no longer functional (I've never heard of a modem being capable of doing this).

Modems are so cheap now, that it is easiest just to drop in a new one and see if that solves the problem. Probably will.

Any idea where your friend would have come into contact with a digital line? He doesn't have ISDN at home does he?

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back