Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

modem error 720

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2005
Hi all,

Iwould like to thank you in advance for all the help offered and replies.

I am currently an ISP, and everytime(well almost everytime) i have had a customer with an error 720 "no ppp protocol is configured" I am unable to solve it for them. I deal mostly with internet connectivity issues and i would like to consider myself very good at this, but this error has got me pissed on several occasion for not being able to solve it.

incorrect tcp/ip settings can cause this error. Typically, this behaviour occurs if you do not have your network adapter installed or bound to the protocol or if you configured your adaptor for a non-standard packet type.

can any of you guys help me with some troubleshooting steps for thie issue? some of the common steps are reinstall tcp/ip and also install the dial up adapter

small question how to do install the dial up adapter on a windows xp OS.

thanks guys in advance for all replies.

I know this is probably not the right post for this issue but i have posted it in ppp forum and recieved no responses any advice would be very welcome

thanks in advance guys!

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, while others wonder what happened.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, while others wonder what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back