Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem Drivers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

REB

MIS
Jan 17, 2000
US
Where can I find Drives for a Practical Peripherals model PM336 modem? Practical is shut down and I can not get to their site, and 95 does not have drivers for a 33.6.

hehe i have a Pratical Peripheals 56K PM HC interal modem, i'm only using the original drivers, that was on my Diskettes<br>
but if you didnt know alreayd, PP has been bankrupt for quite some time now, and no longer have any support for anything unless you can find some legacy drivers elsewhere <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@bellsouth.net>kb244@bellsouth.net</a><br><a href= </a><br>

classicman -- driverguide.com was a bust. Is it possible to pull the drivers from a machine the modem worked on before? If so, what do I look for??<br>

<br>

The longer a company is out of business, the harder it is to find support. You may find the drivers, somewhere, but what are you going to do the next time you or your sister has a problem?<br>

<br>

Think about a solution that will last for more than a few days and then reach in your pocket. Buy a new, name-brand, modem. Your sis will appreciate it.<br>

<br>

Alt255 -- My sister can not afford to buy a new modem. I am trying to find a work around within her budget.

I aggree, as a long term, answer. You wouldnt mind offering a major brand tho would ya,i would think 3Com since they always work, or thats what the former network admin said at my workplace(which unfortunatly i'm carrying the weight of his job on my sholder as well since he quit)<br>

<p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@bellsouth.net>kb244@bellsouth.net</a><br><a href= </a><br>

BadBob2 -- Thank you. I have downloaded a driver from windrivers.com that I hope will work. I will test it out today.<br>

<br>

DaveGoTech -- Thank you as well. I do have 98 around as well, and will try that out if the driver from BadBob2 doesn't correct the problem.<br>

<br>

<br>

Alt255 & kb244 -- Alt255, you are correct that the long term solution is to obtain and install a new modem. Unfortunately, we are not always able follow the best course, but instead are forced to work with what we have. Our situation is something like having an old car. . .We know we need something newer and better, but we can't afford to buy the newer car. We have to keep using the bailing wire and duct tape for now.<br>

<br>

Thank you again everyone, I will let you know how things turn out.<br>

<br>

Richard

Just to give an update . . .<br>
<br>
BadBob2 -- windrivers.com paid off. The driver I downloaded from there, allowed me to get my sisters modem working.<br>
<br>
I didn't need to try using my 98 CD, so I don't know if that would have helped or not.<br>
<br>
I would like to say thanks to all who offered advice and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back