Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem crash, 0028:C00CB3E0 in VxD VDD (01)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floribunda

Technical User
Apr 18, 2001
US
Arrrgh...I am the host modem for several other computers on our LAN, with a dial-up connection. Sometimes (and some days more than others) when either I initiate a dial-up or another computer does (or even sometimes in the middle of an internet session), my computer gives me the blue screen of death with the following error message: OE ...0028:C00CB3E0 in VxD VDD (01) + 00000660. This was called from 0028:C00C99A8 in VxD VKD (09) + 000001D0. If I chose to hit any key, I got this: Fatal exception, 0028:0000123B.

Usually I just reboot (have to use my reset key).
Sometimes instead of getting Blue screen of death, my computer will simply freeze and then I have to reset. Doing a soft boot never seems to work.

This is sooooo aggravating and I'm wondering if a new modem will work. I am unable to determine what kind I have - I think it is a generic one attached to my motherboard or something!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back