Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem connects, but cannot browse internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guido45

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2003
GB
Hi,

I'm having problems with a Compaq 56k modem - as it says in the title, I connect to my ISP ok (password verified) but I cannot browse the internet or ping to any external IP addresses, except the server I am connected to.

The connection worked fine until I upgraded my motherboard but I have completely reinstalled the drivers...my OS is WinXP by the way.

Any ideas?? Thanks!

-guido-

Yes I'm getting "Page Cannot be Displayed" and also "Search Page cannot be opened" message. I don't think I have new.net or other spyware installed as I don't do much downloading but I will check it tonight.
Thanks for the help!

sounds stupid but try a system restore back a couple of days. that helps with these problems in both ME and XP. your hard drive wasn't updated was it?

"Jack of all trades. Master of none."
[americanflag]

Thanks for all your help, ended up using the netsh command (netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt) which sorted it all out, must've corrupted some part of the registry at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back