Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MODEM CONFLICT ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktlap

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2000
US
I AM RECEIVING AN ERROR WHICH READS:&nbsp;&nbsp;&quot;1006 MODEM RESOURCE CONFLICT....CHANGE CONFIGURATION&quot;<br><br>I HAVE CHECKING MSDN TO NO AVAIL.&nbsp;&nbsp;WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?<br><br>THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

If you are running windows 95 or 98 do a right click on my computer, then go to devices, and click the plus beside modems.&nbsp;&nbsp;Hightlight your modem and click properties.&nbsp;&nbsp;Click on the resources tab and it probably says device conflict.&nbsp;&nbsp;Change the config. here so there are no device conflicts.

My suggestion would be change the irq of your modem to a free one. you do this by clicking on computer under the device manager tab and then looking at the irqs for either a yellow exclamation mark or and upside down blue exclamation mark in a white box. then go into the properties of your ethernet card back under the device manager and highlight the irq and hit change setting down below to one that is not being used by another device.

If you are using an internal modem be sure to disable a com port in CMOS (com1 for IRQ 4 or com2 for IRQ 3) the install it as a PnP device when Windows 9x starts. <p>Ross Oldham<br><a href=mailto:tanker1@gte.net>tanker1@gte.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back