Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

modem communication package

Status
Not open for further replies.

mallee

Programmer
Nov 7, 2000
Can anyone suggest a small comm package with scripting ?
I need to connect to a BBS and use script commands for login and file transfer. I used to use banana comm but it won't work with win modems. The new pcanywhere doesn't support scripting anymore and I DO NOT want multi megabites of garbage like live update and crap my user will never require. Just a simple little comm package.

Thanks in advance.
I would never have learned VFP without hours of reading the wonderfull info you all put on this site. I wuld like to give everyone a star.

Check out Hallogram.com they have lots of serial communication libraries..
Please let me know if this helped you :)

Tekno
Wireless Toyz
Ypsilanti, Michigan

thanks, looks like hallogram is selling comm tools from softdesign. Also looks like there may not be support available anymore.

<< Also looks like there may not be support available anymore. >>

I wouldn't know about that. However, serial communications is becoming a smaller market with many people tossing their dialout modems for aDSL, cable, and two-way satellite access to the internet. It's a trend that any software vendor involved in PC communications surely has noticed and felt on its bottom line.

==Carl
Carl Warner
VFUG Officer,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back