Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem Bank setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTraveler

Technical User
Dec 17, 2003
US
Hi everyone,
I might be in the wrong forum but I thought I'd try.

I am looking at setting up a modem bank using an 800 number for my remote staff to dial into the network. I was wondering if anyone has any experience in setting up a modem bank and what software/configuration to use and such? Thanks!

Happy New Year

We have a similar system running in the UK. We use Cisco 3640 routers connected to PRI ISDN lines (up to 30 chans down one cable) with "mica" cards installed in the routers to handle any Analogue calls. Security is handled by an NT server running Cisco Secure ACS which allows you to authenticate either localy or from the domain.

This gives flexibility in that remote users can connect with either ISDN or modems depending upon whats available.

Hope this is of some help.

What your looking for is a RAS Server. Intel used to make one called Shiva but it is dicontinued now. We used this for several years and you can have things such as maxuptime, user password, max attempts and dial back.
There are new replacements on the market, but I have no experience of these.

Stu..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back