Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

modem and phone conflicts

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck11

MIS
Dec 28, 2001
US
Hi,
I moved into a new house, and where I set up my computer, there was no phone line. So I spliced into my existing phone line, ran it over and hooked it up. Phone works great. Plugged the modem on the computer in, and it works fine. However, when the computer remains plugged into the phone line, whether it is on or off, if we get a phone call, it will ring once and hang up. If the modem is unplugged, it works fine. I looked in the modem set up, tried with the check mark in disable call waiting, took it out, still no luck. I am currently just unplugging the modem until I can get this resolved. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

How about disabling auto answer? S0=0. Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

I could not find auto answer in the options for my modem. Any ideas where that would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back