Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Model ?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcw2

Programmer
Dec 5, 2005
CA
I usually work on Nortel products.

Can anyone identify the model of this Panasonic system? I am going to move it to a new building and it would be nice to have manuals/documentation that details the cabling it has.

There maybe some minor program changes required too. It looks like it has an 8 station expansion module on it which is a little strange as there are only 7 stations.

Thanks.

from what I've been able to read I would guess it is a KX-TD816.

Photo attached on original post.

I agree with JCW2, it is a kxtd 816 with 4 co lines and 16 hybrid extensions

digital extensions are in pins 2 and 6 slt' are pins 3 and 4.

Yes on the modular socket. But good to confirm that. I was not thinking about socket side
Here our extensions are on dk plugs and i still had a typo. Digital on dk plug is 2 and 5 are your 816 on anphonal ( not sure if that is spelt right)leads for extensions?

you know I am messing right?I am connected are you back?

my bad you told me many moons ago that the euro version of the
td has ddk and Amphenol,Cinch,Champ connector on 8ext card
:-0

the only reason I said about the ddk is because thd cable from the module looks too small for an amphenol cable....

you are right it looks very skinny .Did the ksu come with a whip with the ddk plugs on it or did you have to make the whole lot up?not what i'd call a pro install if I was doing a 4X16 i'd put that 8ext in exp slot one and fed from the left so you could swing the door .

if you are in ths states you can download the docs
at

Your appraisal of the installation is accurate. I have an idea of who may have done the job. After 20+ years in the area I've learned not to "explore" the wiring by pulling or opening doors. I have had occasion to repair one problem and put 2 more on. I've seen this same person punch down 2 jumpers on a BIX strip and wonder why it goes open.

I'm sure there is an amphenol on the cable although i haven't opened anything up. This is the other end of the 25x. Novel way to terminate this too although it gives a speedy test point to the KSU. I don't have much faith in those 2x patch cables though.

When I move the switch to a different building I will be making all terminations on BIX and then jumpers to the distribution wiring.

All documentation has disappeared from the site be it CD or paper copy. After 41 years in the telephone industry it looks like I will be learning yet another system. This is just a straight move but I might take the opportunity to get a look at the programming through a set. I've read time and again about the programming software being limited to certified installers but would find it interesting to see it work.

http://www3.telus.net/jcw/panasonic2.jpg
What a nest of wires there. What version is the system and what is the code on the end of kxtd816**
The software will depend on these. All programming is possible through the first port

jw i usually take a 25 pair and crimp 4 cond solid mod plugs and i use 1 inch flat satin 4 cond line cord jacket for strain relief for the fist 8 ports and 4 co's and bang the other end on a rail of a 110 block!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back