Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modal Forms Query 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulcooke

Programmer
Dec 11, 2003
GB
I'm a vb6/.NET programmer and new to access and got quite annoying problem which is costing me time to overcome. Basically i need to load a form then based on certain criteria if more than one record exists need to pop up a another form and let the user select the appropiate record to use on the original form. In vb6 this is no problem as just set the form to modal and code will wait there until the other form is finished in tghe case select button selected and then I can access a property on the form for the relevent record. However in access the code doesn't wait once the form is shown and infact exits the sub thus I wont be able to get access to the new forms property. Hope this makes sense and any help would be gratefully received. Thanks

Use:
docmd.OpenForm "formname",,,,,acDialog
--Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back