Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mod function

Status
Not open for further replies.

bta1322

Technical User
Oct 28, 2010
GB
Hi

Can anyone help
Trying to use the mod function in Business Objects (end user web intelligents)
= mod([call-over date];1) but keep getting error
callover date example - 04/4/2011 09:21:13

trying to sperate date and time into diffent columns as variables

Help / direction appriciated

Regards

Brian

You can't use Mod to do this. Try looking at the FormatDate function - use the format string to give the date (MM/dd/yyyy) in one formula and the time (h:mm:ss) in the other.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

thanks hilfy for your support

have followed suggestion, now got two colums, one formatted as date and the other as time.
Column one -[Available to Despatch] (Date Format)
Column two -[Available to despatch] (Time format) - i have named this column diffent to the other (called available time)

I'm trying to get a point, where if the time is greater that 16:00:00 in column two, then one day is to be added to column one

cannot get required result, tried
=If([Available Time]) > '16:00:00' Then "yes" but this populates all cells with "Yes"

where am i going wrong?

Try this:

If [Available Time] > Time(16, 0, 0) then [Available Date] + 1
else [Available Date]

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hi Hifty

Thought this looked good, however, getting Invalid indentifyer "TIME"

I don't have Crystal on the computer where I'm working, so I can't get to the help docs. In Help, do a search on Time to see if you can find the function where you can convert numbers to a time.

-Dell

Or you may have to convert your Available Time to a string in order to do a comparison.

-Dell

Hi Hilfy

Convert available time to string? Is that format as a number? Tried to do that and go Format error. How do i format to string?

What is the exact error that appeared? What is your available time formula?

-Dell

This is the variable formula in both AVAILABLE DESPATCH and AVAILABLE TIME columns

=If([Date Last Hold Removed (all Holds)])='01/01/3000' Then ([Call over (UK)]) ElseIf [Call over (UK)]<[Date Last Hold Removed (all Holds)] Then [Date Last Hold Removed (all Holds)] ElseIf ([Call over (UK)])>[Date Last Hold Removed (all Holds)] Then ([Call over (UK)]) ElseIf ([Call over (UK)]=[Date Last Hold Removed (all Holds)]) Then( [Call over (UK)])

One is formated as DD/MM/YYYY and the other in time HH/MM/SS

Another column added with the variable
=If([Available for Dispatch]) > Time (16, 0, 0) then[Available for Dispatch] + 1
else [Available for Dispatch]

but getting Invalid identifier 'Time' at position 32. (WIS 10022)

For some reason I was thinking in terms of this being in Crystal instead of Webi. Sorry!

Try this:

=If([Available for Dispatch]) > "16:00:00" then[Available for Dispatch] + 1 else [Available for Dispatch]

I didn't mean to submit that quite yet.... You'll probably have to call the function to convert [Available for Dispatch] to a string prior to doing the comparison. You want to make sure to use the format string that will left-pad the hour with a zero (0) if the time is less than 10:00.

-Dell

ok,

i am a newbie !

how do i -
1. convert [Available for Dispatch] to a string prior to doing the comparison.
2.You want to make sure to use the format string that will left-pad the hour with a zero (0) if the time is less than 10:00.

Try this:

=If(FormatDate([Available for Dispatch];"HH:mm:ss") >= "16:00:00";[Available for Dispatch] + 1; [Available for Dispatch])

(I was accidentally mixing Webi and Crystal syntax in my original posts - this one is purely Webi)

-Dell

Hi Hilfy

It seems to be the "1" (without quotes) that is being highlighted as error

Keep getting error :-
The expression or sub-expression at position 95 in the '+' function uses an invalid data type. (WIS 10037)

=If(FormatDate([Available for Dispatch];"HH:mm:ss") >= "16:00:00";[Available for Dispatch] + 1; [Available for Dispatch])

incidentally, the formula does work without the +1

Hi Hilfy

I have been playing with your formula and tried

=If(FormatDate([Available for Dispatch];"HH:mm:ss"))>="16:00:00" Then RelativeDate([Available for Dispatch]; +1)

This does seem to be giving me my required results

Thank you for you patience

Regards Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back