Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mobility clients can't perform the handover function

Status
Not open for further replies.

atascoman

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
US
Hello. Trying to polish off a SMR install and have run into a snag. When the mobility client handover function is used, it tries to dial the handover number but drops the call. I checked the SIP logs on the SMR and was getting a 404-unkown error. Found KB article KB17243 that recommends some changes be made to the numbering plan so the SMR knows what to do with the OSE for the access numbers when they hit it. Did that, still getting the 404-unknown and it rejects the call. All other functions seem to be working.

Looks like it was a minor change in the normalized field values for the OSE entries. I had to add a +1 in front of the number so they were in E.164 format. There are a lot of little gotchas like this from what I am seeing. Product works great, just have to make sure all the minute details are covered.

Would custom routing ;2E work instead of adding +1

I don't think so. The TAC guy was pretty specific on this one. Unfortunately, for others this is not documented anywhere so hopefully they will find this post if they run into this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back