Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mobile Twinning not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivtrook

Technical User
Jun 28, 2006
US
This was working on a different user in the past and I had changed it to a different user which I thought had tested good but months later the customer said its not working and doesn't know for how long its been like that. So now I'm in, testing it and it seems to work (via system status) but it does not send the original calling party's id, which is the point of "mobile twinning"...am I missing something? Anyone have any docs on how this is set up?

R4.2(17)

• Caller ID
The options on the System | Twinning tab can be used to control which caller ID is sent with calls sent to the twinned destination. The use of those options may be restricted by the trunk type carrying the twinned call and the services provided by the line provider.
If I remember correctly there is also a shortcode that will need to be set up. I do not recall it at the moment maybe someone else has it off the top of their head.

what type of trunks are you using?

if Analog then you are kind of stuck with what ever your LEC will show for CLID. Hopfully you have some sort of digital trunks? PRI, BRI?

Ran into this, if you have a PRI then the provider might be blocking the cid from going thru because you are trying to send cid that is not associated with your company. You might need to call your provider and have them allow this, if you use Verizon then you will need to fill out a CPN letter stating that you are not misusing the cid.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back