Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mobile Internet Toolkit

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBuys

Programmer
Jun 18, 2001
US
Does anyone have any experience with the MS Mobile Internet Toolkit for ASP.Net?
I'm looking to create a custom application/form for handheld devices that my sales reps can fill in on the road and then later transfer the info back to our home office by dialing in and hotsyncing. Does anyone know if this Mobile Internet Toolkit can help me accomplish this or can anyone recommend a better way?

Hey Jay,

Here's an article that may give you some insight onthe whole mobile thing. There's a bit more infrastructure needed to get a mobile app running (i.e. all pda's need wireless modems, your company will need a wireless internet account through an ISP, servers will need to be prepped, etc.)

Good Luck, keep us posted on how the wireless thing goes. YOu're the first that I know of to actively look into this.

:)
Jack
oh yeah, here's the link:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back