Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mobile Extension - No Audio in DMZ 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4ckl3

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2002
US
Hello:

I recently moved our MAS 6000 (Teleworker and Mobile Extension) into our DMZ. I was having several issues with the Teleworker having no audio (was in Server-Gateway mode not Server-Only mode). These issues have been resolved, but now my Mobile Extensions are not working. The calls are being twinned to the mobile numbers, but when I pickup there is no audio.

This was the exact same problem I had with the Teleworker, until I reconfigured it into Server-Only mode. The server is behind a SonicWALL NSA 240 with NAT forwarding. I have opened all traffic (no filtering) between the WAN and DMZ to ensure that port filtering is not causing the issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Equipment:
Mitel ICP 3300
Teleworker Solution (Server-Only Mode) v5.0.13.0
Mobile Extension v1.7.13.0
Suite Applications Services v5.0.13.0

Here is the link to my Teleworker problem (resolved):

Thanks.

~ Jason

----------------------------
-= j@ckle =-

Teleworker is not supported in Server-Gateway mode. The reason is that normally you nat behind a FW in the DMZ and this breaks TW. Specifically: one way audio.

Now that you're in server-only mode, check FW rules to / from the 3300. My first guess would have been default route or gateway issues but your TW is working. So my next guess is that you have some ports blocked on the firewall. Second guess is that in the ME server you do not have your voice network added in as a local network.

Ralph

UncleRalph:

You were right, I did not have the voice network added as a local network. Once I added this I am now able to hear audio on the twinned mobile phone.

But, I am now having a different issue. I have posted here:

Thank you so much for your quick response!

~ Jason

----------------------------
-= j@ckle =-

Uncle Ralph, just to set you straight, the Teleworker is most definatley supported in Server-gateway mode. Just not if it's in the DMZ.

But on the flip side if you are using the Application Suite 1.2, ME is not supported in the DMZ, so just be careful. It the deployment guide to have all the apps working on the same server it has to be in Server Gateway moe. If not it's a 2 server deployment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back