Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MNS keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Option43

Technical User
Apr 13, 2004
IS
Hello,

We have a customer with 60 incoming ISDN channels with one number (this is not DDI) routing in. They have 60 digital phones with 4 key panels each. They would like to represent all 60 channels on each phone. For example, if someone rings in on channel 1 they would like all phones to ring on a key and then the same for the next incoming caller. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

We have looked at MNS keys whereby Alex states: Maximum number of members (MDN and MNS keys) in each multiple representation group per system 40.

omg, the MD110 is not a Key System. Get him a BP instead...

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Doh!!

Easier said than done. The system is already in situ. Thanks for nothing.

Unless you want to pay $$$ for Ericsson to write a patch (assuming they still will), there's no way to accomplish what you want, unless you also install a key system behind the MD.

I'd recommend honing your persuasion skills & see what alternative configuration you can talk the customer into accepting (shoulda been done pre-sale, pre-install).

Good luck,

Dave Strang

maybe...??? RODNI:NIG= to ext A with parallel ring with ext B.

set 40 MNS key to monitor ext A and 20 key to monitor ext B.

if this will work, then all will ring, but I am not certain if parallel ring/MNS monitor will work well? and maybe a problem with line busy if 2 calls ring at one time?

just an idea anyway,

best parnum

parnum, this may work, but that's not the point (is it even TSW?). The MD110 was never designed to do such a thing...

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

i was trying to help. i would think the point is the customer has TSW and is not going to replace/buy another system, so a compromise may be the quick, cheap and practical solution, whether it was designed as key system or not. changing the switch or spending more may not be the option open to the customer, and if they are not TSW yet it is usually cheaper to upgrade on current hardware and keep the customer onside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back