Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mminfo queryspec "Not Equal" comparator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhodges

Technical User
Aug 27, 2002
US
We have a large enterprise, and I am only responsible for the Windows Server environment. That being the case, I am trying to script some reporting using mminfo.

Is there a queryspec comparator for "Not Equal" that works on "Group" or "Pool" names so I can filter out that yucky UNIX garbage? ;^) It would be even better if I could do it based on partial sting matching.

The ComRef states: [!]name [comp value] [,...]

But I can't seem to get [!] to work with either of these attribute names.

I currently have a script that accomplishes this but it is just a bunch of cascaded mminfo commands to capture all the Groups I do want. Of course we are always adding more groups, which makes the string of commands longer and longer.

Other than using the "string of commands", I could filter out the unwanted records post processing, but we are talking thousands of extra records. I would prefer to filter them out at the command.

Thanks for any help,
Bruce
(NW v7.2.1)

Sorry not to have a better answer but you can not do this.

The syntax works, but for flags (which are either true or false) exclusively.

I do not see any other possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back