Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MMC extended views are blank and other strange behaviors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjoshd

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2010
US
A few Windows 2003 Server x64 machines had some problems after some recent patching. I believe it to be something with a .NET hotfix but I can't confirm this.

My symptoms that I can determine are:

MMC extended views are blank. Standard views still work.
IE loads blank pages, yet network is fully functional.
No webcontent will load (*.chm, *.htm, *.html).

Another functionality pertains to a custom program that involves an event handler attached to Internet Explorer's OnDocumentComplete event and it isn't launching correctly using C++. However the same thing can be executed via Java with no issues.

After a few days/weeks of testing I finally had to reimage the bad servers and everything is functioning correctly now. Has anybody seen these sort of issues before and if so what was the resolution?

I did the standard dll registrations and restored most of the functionality but never could get the custom program and C++ to execute properly afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back