Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM711 paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTDude

Technical User
Dec 4, 2011
US
Hi folks,

Next week we are moving one of our sites from am older Definity system using CMC cabinets to a new Aura system and a G450 gateway. Paging on the old system was done with an aux trunk card and a TAC setup on the loudspeaker paging screen.

Currently, the aux trunk port is cross connected directly to the mic input on a mixer.

If I'm connecting the paging system to a port on an MM711 on the new gateway I'm going to need a paging adapter like a Bogen TAMB2, correct? Something to either provide talk battery to an analog trunk port, or something that can "interpret" ringing current from an analog station port?

There are 100 ways to do this, but my preferred way is using a TAMB2 or equivalent - configure the TAMB2 in either ground start or station mode (I personally prefer station) and you'll be in business. If there is multiple zones, maybe consider getting a Bogen PCM or something to just have 1 "box" for this. Lots of possible variables, but I imagine a TAMB2 will do the job based upon this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back