Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM13 IVR Delay / Partial greeting issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWNphoneguy

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2002
US
Hi All,

Looking for help or feedback on a intermittent meridian mail v13 issue. We have a few ACD queues setup to go to MM for a greeting and menu service when a call comes in. The issue is that when we call the TF we have setup and pointed to RTN/DID for the ACD queue, there is about a 7-10 second delay before the caller hears the MM greeting. And when they finally hear the greeting they are missing the first 1 or 2 seconds of the greeting. The usual "Thank You for calling..." becomes "for calling..."

If we call the DID directly MM picks up within a few seconds and plays the complete greeting.

Research on the TF carrier side shows the call setup and handoff taking place within an acceptable 2-3 seconds.

Research on the PBX side comfirms the call setup times from TF carrier but then there is a 4-10 seconds delay before MM drops the caller into the partial greeting.

I have also tested routing the calls to SCCS 5.0 and having SCCS send the call to MM for the greeting but that doesnt appear to help either. Delay is there (maybe a second or 2 faster but still there), and the caller is still intermittently dropped into a partial greeting.

Any assistance or feedback anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
TWNphoneguy

is it a busy mail system or does this happen more during a busier time> Maybe you need more ports??

Not a very busy mail system. I thought it might be a port capacity issue as well initially, but all my testing has been afterhours and while standing infront of the MM terminal looking at all the ports. I could see that I was the only one using a port at that time.

Could it possibly be one of the voice port cards?

thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back