Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM with multiple Exchange Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreillyeci

Technical User
Jun 27, 2006
US
Our client has a second business group with using thier phone system. The clietn is purchasing a MM MAS wiht an Exchange Store. The second business group has a separate Exchange Server. The question is;

"We're going to have a second business hanging on our phone system, will modular messaging be able to support 2 different exchange servers, in 2 different domains? Is there a limit on domains/exchange servers?

Yes MM will support 2 EXCH backend servers. If I remember correctly, the limit is 15, but then why would anyone WANT 15 EXCH servers for the backend(s)? If it is different than 15 and you need to know, let me know & I will research it. I think it is covered in the MM 3.1 Concepts and Planning Guide though.

MM will actually support up to 10 backend servers but they have to be in the same Voice Mail Domain (VMD).

The Avaya ATAC suggested two descreet systems for two domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back