Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM w/Exchange MAS on VMWare - Prompts stutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOdan

Vendor
Aug 8, 2005
US
Has anyone installed a Modular Messaging MAS (Exchange 2007) on VMWare?
I have a situation where two different R5.2 voicemail domains on two different AD Forests and Exchange 2007 Organizations. 1 MAS per VMD. On each, the prompts tend to stutter. I can't say the stutter is completely random, as the stutter tends to happen in the same spots. I haven't noticed this on other installations with physical MASs or even Avaya's single-server System Platform.
Has anyone else had similar issues using VMWare? Any other issues experienced with VMWare? Please share.
Thanks,

Other than single-server platform Avaya does not support any part of MM running on virtual machines.

I have set that up in a lab with no issues because of the low use of the product. I have also set this up for a customer where they are aware and accept the possible degraded service when the load is higher on the server. It all comes down to the virtual machine resources, number of subscribers and the call traffic load.

Check the associated signalling group for MM...

Direct IP-IP Audio Connections? n
IP Audio Hairpinning? n

I had the same issue and setting these to "n" instead of "y" cleared the stutter.

Thanks, TykeUK. In your situation, were you using a SIP trunk group? Any negative impact from changing those settings?

Thanks,

Yes it is a SIP trunk group. The only impact was the stuttering stopped immediately.
No other issues were caused by changing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back