Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM outlook client 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinkiller

Technical User
May 13, 2008
CA
I get an "AVAYA MODULAR Messaging Service Provider Error" when trying to add the MM outlook account. It says "check server name or ip connection". I can ping both the mss and mas from the PC. I have tried the IPaddress and the name of the mss and both fail. The MM release is 4.0. I am using the latest client. the MM has the latest patch SP1 installed. I have never run into this problem before. Tried on multiple machines and all fail.

The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office.

Are you sure you have all of the services turned on in the MSS ? imap and so on.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

i believe yes. is there a particular service for the outlook client. everything else seems okay. I check the postmaster and the cos for the users. applications are allowed.

The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office.

from a DOS box on the client try typing

telnet <MSS IP Address> 143

if you get a IMAP4 server ready message then the service is fine on the server. If not them either the service is not running, or maybe something (a firewall) is blocking it.

I hope I am on the right track here in helping you with your issue. I want to check to make sure that when connecting to the MM server, you did the following:

Went to Outlook > Tools > Options > Mail Set Up Tab.

Then you went to Email Accounts. Add new E-mail Acct. and in the next window, select Additional Server Types. Select MM Message Service. Then when the next box pops up, put the ip address of the server and the mailbox of the user.

I hope this helps.

2wire

I rechecked the services. The service was disabled. Thanks Ken, you pointed me in the correct direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back