Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM Migration time

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDriver

Vendor
Dec 14, 2004
US
I have a 81c that will soon become succession 4.50.
Also Meridian Mail with 200hrs Max on the system. Approx. 120 hrs. used.
When checking out the docs for time to convert with the migration utility I found that the docs say it could take days.
Has anyone migrated a system this large? How long did it take to make the migration tapes from the MM? Does the MM have to stay offline during the migration/backup process or just while the migration utitity is upgraded onto the MM?

Thanks

We do this as a two step process; we usually do all the system data first, which brings over the menus, applications, etc., and builds the mailboxes;

At the time of cutover, we then bring over the messages only; This gives you time to build the application in the Call Pilot, do some testing. We also recommend to the customer that they have their end users empty as many messages out of their mailbox as they can, as the more messages they have, the more time it will take. Remember that any mailboxes that have a Personal class of service needs to be changed to a regular class of service; and all mailboxes must have a first and last name, unless they won't migrate.

We did an Option 81-C with about 1200 mailboxes on it and it took about 90 minutes to bring the messages over, that was their down time. And it was only because we had users in there that had 400-500 messages in a mailbox.

i did the complete migration several times, the system i am now had 1800 boxes with 240 hours about 60 percent full. maybe 60 minutes, i left the mermail up, did the migration, tested the menus (rebuilt but migrated recordings) made sure it looked good, outed the mermail acd group, put the old acd dn 3301 in as the new cdn, ran the config wixard, changed just the vsdn booted them into service.. total down time was 30 minutes,, when i did the keycode on the mermail to add the migraton, it took a little longer then a reboot, but not much. the new tools option to save to migration tape can be ran just like any other backup, system up.. on other systems i have done the migration to cp twice, once for a test, then back up to the tape again on cut night, and run again.. you will get a warning but it's only because your migrating more then the lic, becaues they are duplicates, tape runs

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back