Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM don't recognize the Fax Signaling 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullbigman

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2013
BR

Hi Everybody;

I'm trying to receive fax on my MM 5.2 Single server but It appears as a Voice Message.
It's like the fax signal isn't reconized by the MM.

Belive me, I read a lot of stuff on Internet, Download tons of manuals and I did every thing how it's supposed to be but it doesn't work.

I Revised the Trunk Group, Signaling Group On CM already. By the way the CM version is 6.0

I'll be waiting for some light in this subject!

Best regards!!

You didn't mention the integration your MM system is using. I'm assuming SIP, but is that direct to CM, or through SM or some SIP gateway?....

Basically MM needs to determine the call is a fax (either by the call coming as T.38 or by MM hearing the fax tone and attempting to convert the call to T.38). If the integration is not allowing the T.38 request then that could be a reason you are seeing what you are.

Thks texeric;

The Integrations is SIP and it's direct to CM.

Sorry for my ignorance but where do I look if the integration is allowing the T.38 request?

Thks a lot dude!

Review the integration configuration note provided by Avaya. There should be a mention of how fax is configured on both the MM and CM side.

I Reviewed the documentation and find nothing!!

But other doubts appears to me!

On the Codec Set Page 1 The Audio Codecs tha I Select are G.711MU and G.711A, On Page 2 the fax mode is set to t.38-standard and Redundancy 0, but the field Allow Direct-IP Multimedia? is set to No
thats right or relies on other configuration?

On Signaling Group page 1 The Transport Method is set to tcp, Since I configure the same on VMSC, there is any big diference between tcp and tls? Which one is the right?

Other thing that i just thought right now!

I have one Trunk-group that close commmunication between CM and MM, in my concern is every thing all right on this trunk,but when the fax call arrives on CM it's enter on another trunk-group, It's possible that this incoming trunk don't let the T.38 request??

All trunk groups need to be set with t.38 including the one between mm and cm

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back