Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM 3.0 with SIP. No Fax tone from MM but detects inc. fax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T3mplar

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2007
IS
Hello every one.

Problem: I have a MM system with MSS release 3.0 using SIP integration. Everything works as a charm except the MM won't give a fax tone when it detects an incoming fax and interrupts announcements.

1) All messaging works, MWI and the system is patches with SP2 and patch 2.
2) I've created the fax (master mailbox) on the MSS and the the numeric value for the fax master mail box is not a real extension on the PBX (G650/S8710).
3) The Special COS for the postmaster is also used for the fax (default mailbox) and fax in and out are allowed and MWI disabled.
4) On the MAS I've created in security settings the "FAX" and typed in the password for the fax (master mailbox) on the MSS. I did this tho after I patched with SP2!? Wouldn't think it matters.
5) Enabled fax on the MAS with default settings
6) On the MAS event log I see the FAX properties being read, timeouts etc.
7) Create a test user that resides in COS 1 (not special COS), with MWI enabled and fax in and fax out enabled.

== I fax to the test user and I see in Operational History Viewer that the MM system detects a fax tone and interrupts the announcement BUT does not answer back with a fax tone!?

Any one have a clue?

Everything else works, leaving messages and retrieving etc.

Sincerely,
Simon

I do not think the SIP supports Fax at this time. It is just like a H.323

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Hi Ken.

It does. I've already implemented it once and it works like a charm. This is my second installation but something is missing from my config.

Is there any thing in my list that's missing?

Thanks,
Simon

Only that the FAX service is running is all i can think of

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back