Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MLX GS/LS-ID capability

Status
Not open for further replies.

verland

MIS
Apr 24, 2002
US
Hi, I've been admin'ing a legend system for a while and am just getting into setting one up from scratch.

Can the Legend (I'm working with v6) be set somehow to forward calls from certain numbers to specified extensions? Or is the ID for displaying on MLX sets only.

I'd hoped to learn this on my own, but I don't have the system yet and wanted to find out. Thanks,

vern

Actually, remote call forwarding is for forwarding calls TO a specified extension TO a certain outside number.

Vern is asking if calls can be routed to specific extensions based on the incoming caller ID.

No, Legend cannot do that.

I was kinda afraid it wouldn't. But that is no problem. This system is getting set up at a residence and all we want is to block calls from people they don't want to talk to.

CL-ID is a neat plus, but what we'll probably do is have an autoattendant answer the phone. The caller will have to enter a secret extension number to ring the phones, otherwise the call goes to voicemail.

Thanks for all the help!

Vern

One more thing, does the card only read caller ID info on ground start lines? The system manager's guide says

"Supports: Caller ID (ground start trunks only), ...."

I've always been under the impression caller id only worked on LS lines anyway. ???

Allow me to update myself,
A faq at Avaya says caller ID is supported since R3 "when a call rings on a loop-start trunk connected to an 800 GS/LS -ID module."

confilicting docs?

I believe that you can actually route based on incoming caller ID if using a passageway software package hooked to a PC. Try researching the Passageway solution.
Scott

It doesn't look like Passageway works with Legend (Partner and Definity only?)

Here's what PWay does for those interested:
"Avaya PassageWay Solution is a collection of software applications that runs with Microsoft Windows operating system version 3.1 or later, providing you with an interface between your IBM-compatible personal computer and a PARTNER® Communications System via your system or standard telephone. PassageWay Solution allows you to store names, addresses, telephone numbers, and other information; place calls directly from your PC; keep a log of all calls made; program user features and the personal speed dial list for your MLS- 34D, MLS-18D, or MLS-12D telephone from your PC; and autodial telephone numbers. PassageWay Solution will provide notification of incoming calls and display call origination information. This book explains how to install and use PassageWay Solution. 380 pages."

That might not be complete but it's what I swiped from avaya.com. Sounds kinda neat....

They actually make the passageway for legend also! I have one. The description you pasted is the one for partner systems which is a very limited small switch.

I'M interested in this passage way for the legend, how do I get it?
ed@edslock.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back