Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MLX-20L incoming call not ringing or lighting up but if I hit the line it will answer the call

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgall

Technical User
Dec 16, 2004
US
Old merland legend with main phone MLX-20L. On the phone when someone calls our main number there is no notification (ring or light) that a call is coming in. So If i call on my cell phone, i do not see an incoming call but if I press the line, it will connect and answer. Just no audio/visual notification of a call so we dont have a clue if someone is calling. Outgoing works. I press the line, it will light up, give me a dial tone, and call out as it should. Just no notification that a call is coming in. If someone is on line 1 and I call the site, it will rollover and ring fine on the next line.. any thoughts?

Dies this happen on all extensions, or, just on the 20L? [ponder]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

What kind of lines are connected to the Legend? Loop Start analog trunks? Central Office may have lost ringing plant. Check at MOPE with a butt set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back